Wednesday, October 13, 2010

*Highlights from a Lowlife*

sooo sorry it's been over a week since i've posted last. Since there is absolutely no way I could write everything here that I've been experiencing, I'll just give you some quick snapshots of what life has been like since October began:

* I started 3 classes with 2 different churches, and that has kept me busy at least half the week. They are all really good, really different, and filled with people I am turning into friends (via the powers of hypnosis) I plan on writing a post concerning these classes in more detail later.

*Pete, Kim and I discover more & more Eagles' fans each consecutive week we show up at the Bullpen for Sundays' games. (we've also grown accustomed to various adversaries as well)

* I attended Imago's open mic night a few Fridays ago, and it was incredible. I believe 98% of those who performed either have, or should have, cds out. Here was one of my favorites (whom I met the next Sunday at church and she was crazy nice):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUTeNbB6HLM&feature=related

* I have moved into my own place!!! It's funny because it isn't until now that I feel like I've actually come to Portland. Basically, for the past 6 weeks, I've been living out of my suitcases since my clothes were the only things I had out that were mine. Now I have dishes, art, furniture, lighting, etc, etc, that makes me feel more at home. Pictures of the place to be posted once I finish decorating.

* I met my new roommate Katie Lockard. We met through a church's website, and she needed a place to stay for 3 months while she attended PSU for a semester. It worked out great for both of us because I'll get a break on rent, as well as have company while I get used to my new place, and she has somewhere to crash land in between her 5 classes. She's wicked nice, is a huge travel bug, and has a degree in biology.

* The job I was hired for (tutoring with Mobile Minds) just called me two days ago to tell me they'd love for me to work full time with them coordinating and leading a team of tutors!!! This is such a huge answer to prayer because I am running low on funds, I've been having a hard time finding other work, and this company is not only in my field, but it will be a challenge for me, has flexible hours, and will pay me well. God has been soooo good to me here.

* I have some friends!!! (ha). They are few for the moment but I have met and hung out with the following great people: Aaron, Matt, Virginia, Josiah, McKinzie, and Kim. The first two are my "tight" friends so far, and there are other residual people I've met and liked immediately. Who knows? It may not be so lonely here after all (although this definitely does not make up for the loss I feel whenever I think of all of you back home).

*the view from my balcony is stunning. On a clear day you can see Mt. Hood in all its glory.

This is in no means an exhaustive list of the past week and a half, but I didn't want to bore you with the mundane details of each day. Now that I am in a more permanent situation, I should be a bit more on top of things from here on out. According to my new job description, organization and timely responses are the keys to my future! (I just heard about 10 people at Calvary mutter "uh-oh")...

1 comment:

  1. This makes me smile, but I knew you'd make 100 friends at warp speed :). I need lessons...It is, however, one of those slanted frownish looking smiles. Darn Oregon.

    ReplyDelete